"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, April 6, 2015

14/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: They called him Pony Boy when we got to Grandpa Don and Grandma Alda's after he immediately stripped off his Easter shirt to get good and grass-stained dirty on the farm. My boy was in his element all weekend long - indulging in three of his absolute favorite things - family, food and sports. As we were getting ready for school this morning he said to me, "Mommy, I wish yesterday would have lasted forever. I just wanted to stay there for my whole life with everybody."


Brandon: He wasn't the most cooperative boy for pictures this weekend, but he had an absolute ball in his own way, too. He couldn't get enough of this little Dodge Viper car, and it was the absolute funniest thing when he'd get it stuck going up a steep hill. He'd get out of that car and put all of his muscle into pushing it from behind to get it to flatter ground again, the whole time lost in his own little world. At one point he had disappeared, and my dad found him stuck once again behind the white barn. Dad said when he got to him Brandon had instructions for him: "Papa, I'll get in and steer it. You push it from behind." It was a really good weekend.