"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

21/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: Loving life on Memorial Day. Our little party animal couldn't have been happier all weekend long, but he did learn one important lesson. If you want dry tennis shoes to wear to school in the morning, you probably shouldn't walk through a lake wearing them the day before! Happy last week of 1st grade to this kiddo!


Brandon: My happy, happy boy. I think one of my favorite moments of our holiday was soaking him in a tub full of bubbles when it was all over. He was filthy from head to toe - the kind of filthy where you have to actually scrub elbows and in between little toes. But when you're a mom of boys, you know that's a sign that they've had themselves some fun. And then after bath, when he crawled up next to me on the couch with his little pajamas on, tag sticking up out of his shirt, wet disheveled hair, and looked up at me... "Mommy, I had a lot of fun today." ...It's going to be a good summer.