Ready for all the nostalgic sights and smells of those summer months. The lingering sunscreen smell on the boys as I tuck them in bed at night. Driving home from a night at the Falls with the sun setting in our rearview mirrors. Crickets chirping outside our kitchen windows. The peaceful routine of watering our outdoors pots with the cool evening breeze. New adventures and memories made mixed with memories of yearly traditions.
This list is written on our chalkboard in our kitchen, and I can't wait to get started...
Here it is. With some of my absolute favorite pictures from last year.
1. Take the boys to Lost Island Waterpark for the first time.
2. Spend a night mini-golfing
3. Spend a weekend at a cabin
4. Pick strawberries
5. Stargaze from a gravel road with our telescope. Buy a constellation book and teach the boys to find them.
6. Go to a carnival. Drink strawberry smoothies and eat funnel cakes.
7. Have dinner on the Montage rooftop.
8. Movie date night at Jurassic World
9. See the fireworks
10. Go go-karting
11. Take the boat up the river
12. Go for a family bike ride
13. Make homemade oreo shakes
14. Picnic at George Wyth
15. Picnic on the lawn outside the Falls. Spend the rest of the night swimming.
16. Spend a night at the Palmer's Jumping Pillow.
17. Catch fireflies.
18. Do sparklers. Take lots of pictures.
19. Go fishing
20. Host a game night on the deck.
21. Visit the splash pad at sunset.22. Watch Jaden play baseball.
23. Visit the wood park in Waverly. Pack a picnic lunch.
24. Eat Tropical Sno
25. Go to the beach. Swim in the lake. Build sand castles.
26. Have a water balloon fight.
27. See the Minion Movie
28. Go to a Waterloo Bucs game.
29. Watch the sunset from the lake in our pajamas.
30. Have a family kickball night at a park.