"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

23/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: The morning of his first week-long UNI basketball camp. When I picked him up at noon yesterday, he had scored a layup in the first scrimmage and was pretty happy with how the whole morning had gone. But - we didn't get to talk long as we were immediately off to daycare for some afternoon swimming and will be following it up with vacation bible school every night this week. It's going to be a crazy one, and I'm not sure who will be more exhausted by the end of it with all this running around and late bedtimes. I can see why parents might get excited when their kids can finally drive themselves to and from, but I also know these are the days I will miss!


Brandon: A couple of nights ago we watched as he picked up this little wooden chair and dragged it to the side of the driveway before sitting himself down in it. When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I want to sit here and watch Jaden shoot hoops!" I guess the six chairs on the deck weren't good enough... he wanted a front row seat! He also will be attending his first year of VBS every night this week and at one point during the kickoff service on Sunday morning, he leaned into me and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, can we read from my Bible tonight?" I'm so grateful for that church of ours and their passion for youth ministry. We're in a good place. Happily, he had an absolute blast on night one and woke up this morning asking if he would get to go back to VBS tonight. :)