"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, July 6, 2015

27/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: After a wonderful holiday weekend, this one is back to a busy schedule, attending Uncle James's UNI soccer and swim camp all week long. Soccer all morning in the Dome and out on the soccer fields until lunch, swimming in the WRC pool all afternoon. He's been so excited for this and we're so lucky to have these special opportunities. The up close and personal contact he gets with college athletes and coaches is something we don't take for granted. We hit a milestone this weekend, as a trip to the bookstore for some new summer reading material resulted in this one picking out a chapter book and getting through the first few chapters all by himself in the first couple of days. We've come a long ways from him absolutely hating reading to now reading for pleasure all by himself. I don't even care that his favorite choices right now include the Goosebumps series. Whatever gets him reading!


Brandon: I took time off last week ahead of the 4th of July holiday, and my little mama's boy was so excited for this, you would have thought I was taking him to Disney World. Mrs. W told me every day leading up to our vacation that Brandon couldn't stop talking about getting to stay home for special days with Mommy. And here he is spending a good hour on Papa Bob's special birthday card. I was getting things ready for our party in the kitchen and couldn't stop watching my view of this little artist through the kitchen window. He's so at peace with himself when he's given the time to create.