"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, August 17, 2015

33/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: He's aged so much this summer. This weekend he was outside shooting hoops in the driveway, waiting on supper, when one of the older neighbor boys came over to join him. Our little seven year old had no trouble keeping up with that 10 year old boy in a game of one-on-one, and when he finally did come back inside, I immediately sent him to the shower before I'd let him sit on any furniture. He was dripping sweat everywhere and made our house smell like the inside of a locker room the minute he came in the door. A small glimpse into the reality of all the years to come, I know... :)


Brandon: A senior picture moment. But really... the last picture of my boy as he heads into his last week of daycare. When dropping him off this morning, I handed him the daycare check to put in the mailbox in the office, something he's always liked to help me do during Monday morning drop-offs. It was a surreal feeling - that last weekly daycare check after almost eight years of writing them. That last Monday morning drop-off - the last Monday morning of reading off the list of daily activities on the daycare calendar hanging on our fridge. So many lasts. So many firsts ahead. So many mixed emotions. These next couple of weeks are going to be quite a trip.