"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, August 31, 2015

35/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: He spent his Saturday with the big guys - helping Papa Tim and Daddy completely re-do the inside of our boat. He helped them put in a new floor, new seating and storage, and it gave me a glimpse of what's to come. They were gone from breakfast to dinner, and it felt a little weird being without one of my kiddos for an entire day while he was out doing "manly" things. He of course loved every minute of it.


Brandon: Last night, a Sunday evening the day before his first day of school, he asked to stay outside after supper while the rest of us cleaned up dishes and turned on some Sunday night football. About five minutes later, I looked out the kitchen window to see him walking in circles on the driveway, quietly singing to himself - several renditions of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." And he looked so peaceful and carefree with himself. And I stood there and watched in secret for a long time - so proud of him and everything he is. And I prayed right in the moment, as I was watching over him, that he would always be so happy with life and with himself.