"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, October 5, 2015

40/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: He went to a friend's pool party this past weekend at the Sports Complex, and I was so proud of him as I watched him play with a large mix of kids - some of them who are really close friends of his - from sports, daycare or preschool - and some whom he's never met. No one from his school was at this party, and that didn't matter at all. He gets along so well with everyone, he isn't shy or scared to get involved and meet new people, and he treats every new friend fairly and kindly. He's had lots of opportunities in his young life to meet a wide variety of kids from different schools and different daycares - and he's become very well rounded because of it. Getting involved in sports has helped this, as well. And I'm just pretty proud of him. He's pretty proud of himself, too! He scored yet another touchdown in his game this weekend!


Brandon: Oh, this little sweetie. As I type this, I'm sitting in my hotel room bed in Minneapolis, having to spend just one night away from home for a work obligation. And leading up to my trip yesterday, he couldn't have been more loving. He drew a picture for me after church - the two of us hugging with hearts all around us - and wrote in perfect lettering and spelling, "You are my mom. And I love you." And then, after I returned from babysitting little Ivy for the afternoon, I came home to a song that he'd written out for me - and then performed! To the tune of "You are my sunshine." It went like this: "You are my mom. And I really looove youuu." He placed it on top of my suitcase and told me it was for me to bring with me so that I could "sing it in my brain" while I was away from him. Such a big heart in such a little boy. I'm so lucky he's mine.