"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

44/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"



Jaden and Brandon: We had parent teacher conferences last week - the first of the school year - and I'm so proud of both of them. Academically, they're both doing fantastic. But I'm most proud of their behavior and social reports. In fact, the day of conferences they also both got selected as star leaders of the month of their respective classrooms. It was only by coincidence that they both got selected for the month of October, and their names were read over the school PA system before getting to enjoy a pizza party together. One of the reasons Brandon was selected by Ms. Kimpston is because "He always helps others without being asked." I told him that was better than any good grade. I enjoyed Jaden's report from his teacher, too, and being able to read through his goals he's set for himself. One of the things he said he could work on to help him accomplish his goals is to "be more organized." I thought that was such a smart and self-aware mission he set for himself! (And so true)! It's truly an honor to be their mama.