"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, December 14, 2015

50/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2015"


Jaden: He sat on Santa's lap this weekend and asked for one thing: a PS4. I have it on good authority that he's going to be a pretty happy boy come Christmas day...


Brandon: I wasn't sure how this one would do when confronted with the big moment, seeing as how every year leading up to this one, he has needed Mommy to sit on Santa's lap with him. He was all sorts of nervous when we were waiting in line, but when his time came, he did just what he needed to do. With Jaden on one knee, and himself on the other, he watched Jaden confidently give Santa his wish list before turning to Santa with pink blushing cheeks and asking him for a "Santa coat." I think that was a first for Santa! ;) He seems to be coming out of his shy shell bit by bit, as the last couple of Sunday church mornings he has proudly shaken the hands of the greeters at the door - when just a month ago he would walk right by them, too shy to take their hands. He's growing up!