"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

4/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: It's his birthday week, and I've been spending a lot of time these last few days thinking back to what life felt like eight years ago at this time. On this date eight years ago, Cody and I were heading out with friends for our final kid-free Saturday night out. It was a pretty low-key evening, seeing as how I was as big as a beached whale and felt like one, too! We dined at Peppers with Ben and Ashley and then headed home full of jitters... counting down the hours and facing just one more full day of pregnancy. A couple of days ago I showed Jaden a picture of my 9-month pregnant basketball belly, and he was not amused. "Disgusting!!!" he said, full of giggles.


Brandon: A typical 4:00 hour for my buddy. An after-school snack and Miles from Tomorrowland while I wrap up a work day. He and Jaden were having an argument about birthday parties recently, and Jaden tried telling Brandon he couldn't be part of his birthday. "But I love you Jaden! And I want to be at your birthday with you!" He wears his heart on his sleeve, this one. :)