"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

11/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: Still spending as much time as possible out on the driveway working on his jump shot, but very rarely doing it on his own anymore. More kids from the neighborhood are learning that we're the house with the basketball hoop, and I frequently look outside to see other boys in the driveway with him. Everyone's growing up, and I think it's going to be a summer of new and growing friendships - and making sure to always have popsicles ready and waiting in the freezer for those hot summer nights.


Brandon: Another milestone week for our six year old. He has his first loose tooth - one that's barely hanging on by a thread - and yesterday, he spent his first day in the school-agers building at Blessed Beginnings. It's spring break week, and our favorite daycare made room for the boys to spend the week with their old buddies. Brandon was pretty nervous to head into the school-age building for the first time, but when I picked him up at the end of the day his first words to me were, "Oh! Thank you SO much for bringing me here!" He loved it. And his favorite part about being a big kid at the daycare this year? No naps! ;) It's going to be a fun summer for this one.