"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

15/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: Attended the UNI basketball banquet on Sunday and got hugs from Wes Washpun and Jeremy Morgan and shooting practice advice from Coach Jake himself. I know right now he doesn't grasp how special it is that he gets to have all of these interactions and relationships with such popular athletes, but when he gets older he'll understand what a unique and special gift that was - especially for a kid who is so passionate about sports, himself. I'm so glad the memories I cherish from my childhood are going to be some of his most special memories, too.


Brandon: Speaking of sports, this one might not be real into watching them yet - but he's really getting into playing them. Cody calls this his mean mugging face and says he'd make a great pitcher one day. He's got the form and the facial expressions down and is all-in on me signing him up for his first t-ball season this summer. Between our two boys, we are literally going to live on the baseball fields all those sweet summer nights, and I feel like I'm living out my dream.