"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

16/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: He is turning into quite the social butterfly. This past weekend was a good one for him. After spending Saturday morning with Bryce, he got invited to a friend's house Saturday afternoon with some of his best school buddies and teammates from his new baseball team - and then got invited to eat burgers on Kristie and Austin's deck with one of their buddies Saturday night. It's a weird feeling - wanting him to be happy and seeing how happy all his friendships make him - but also knowing that he will want to spend less and less time with Mom and Dad. I'm so proud of him for making friends so easily and always readily accepting new kids into his growing social circle.


Brandon: I pulled into the driveway to find him like this. T-shirt off - Ritz crackers and his basketball in hand - dirt smudged on one cheek. He cracks me up. He had a fun time on Saturday helping Daddy and Papa Tim build our new front deck. Normally wanting to go everywhere Mommy goes, he turned me down all day on Saturday, wanting to spend his time with the guys. It paid off - Daddy let him use the power drill!