"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

18/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: I've never known a kid to be so obsessed with the forecasted temperature. He asks us at least a dozen times a day what the current temperature is and what it's supposed to be tomorrow and what it's supposed to be next weekend. His happiness seems to revolve around when he can wear shorts, and I guarantee he will be one of those grown men that pulls the shorts out as soon as it hits a high of 55 degrees.


Brandon: After tucking him in bed last night and turning out the lights, I heard a lot of noise going on in his room - which is pretty unusual for either one of our kids. Usually once the door is closed, we might hear a little bit of singing for a while, but then they are out. Bedtimes have always been incredibly easy with them. So I was stunned when I walked back in his room last night to find his bed perfectly made, covers tucked back in - and Brandon lying on the hard wood floor with his blankie and pillow. Turns out, he wanted to surprise me with a made bed in the morning so he thought he'd sleep on the floor the whole night. We had to beg him (actually - fight with him) to sleep in his bed, and I found out today that he has spent previous nights on the floor - just so that he'd have a perfectly made bed when he wakes up the next morning. I'm telling you. This one... we just never know.