"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

19/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: Looking so BIG these days. We had the boys' annual doctor's visits yesterday, and everyone in the place - from nurses to front desk staff to the doctor herself - asked what I was feeding this kid. He's also completely exhausted by bedtime every night. With late baseball practices now, the end of the school year grind and all the socializing he's been doing, he barely stays awake through our Harry Potter chapters (although he's now completely hooked on this story). This past weekend he played yet another game of pickup basketball until after dark in addition to go-karts and mini-golf with his best buds. I can barely keep up with him anymore, and I know we're only just getting started.


Brandon: He felt pretty special on Friday getting a day off from school with the rest of the kindergartners due to kindergarten round-up day for the incoming kiddos. So while big brother had to go to school as usual, this one spent the majority of the day with Papa Bob and Nana Nancy. Since our Disney trip was booked and finalized the day before, they spent most of their time together making an adorable little calendar countdown book. He was a gem all weekend long, giving me countless kisses, telling me Happy Mother's Day a dozen times and doing everything he could to let me know he loves me.