"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Thankfully, the weather cooperated. I always look forward to Mother's Day more when we can spend it hunting for flowers, grilling outside and choosing some special place to go for an exploratory walk, just the four of us. Our Mother's Day weekends seem to be following these routine events from year to year - a weekend spent just the way this mama wants.

Mostly in pictures...


I skipped out on work a little early on Friday afternoon with Brandon - who did not have school - and we went to his school playground together to wait for big brother to get out. Jaden was pretty surprised to see us both playing on his playground when his final bell rang.




Brandon loved getting a chance to show me of all his favorite recess tricks.





I can't tell you how many times I heard, "Watch this Mommy! Look what I can do!" He was so thrilled to have me with him at his daily stomping grounds.



After grabbing Jaden we ventured through the Starbucks drive-thru for Frappuccino Happy Hour while the boys were treated to freeze pops and tank tops. It was a steamy early May 88-degree day.






We spent Friday night with Daddy going out to eat and grabbing a few materials for the pond Cody decided to put in our backyard. It's a work in progress, as are so many other things these days!




We headed out to the nursery on Saturday morning for plants and flowers and spent all of Saturday afternoon in our yard, while also transporting Jaden to and from after a couple of hours spent with his friends mini-golfing and go-kart racing.












We gathered with Cody's family on Saturday night for grilling and basketball, gathered in church on Sunday morning and took a stroll through UNI's beautiful campus after church before heading downtown for lunch on the parkade Sunday afternoon.




We had my parents - and Dasher - over to our house on Sunday night for more grilling - and delicious chocolate pie.













It was a good weekend, and my greatest gift of all were these pictures. The older they are, the taller they grow, the more I cherish these images of me with them.