"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, June 23, 2016

on a Saturday night...



A couple of weeks ago Cassi called me on a Saturday afternoon and asked if we were available to watch Ivy that evening. Since it had been quite a while since I had gotten any one-on-one time with our little niece, I said yes - and then started making simple plans for what we could do with her that would be a little bit out of the ordinary. I'm sure Cassi was quite pleased with me when I said I was going to shake up her bedtime routine a bit. ;)

We had hoped to take her out to see the My Waterloo Days hot air balloon release, but since the winds weren't strong enough to fly them, they ended up cancelling the event. And so - we settled for a simple night by our favorite pond and a walk around the trails.







We had such a fun night, and Ivy was such a trooper. I knew that we were taking a risk keeping her out past her 7:30 bedtime but expected that we could keep her entertained enough that she wouldn't get too cranky with us.

What I didn't anticipate was how much the boys would compete for her attention or how much they would battle over who would get to push her in her stroller longer.






They were so, so sweet with her, and I think she adored the attention from all of them - including her doting Uncle Cody.












Jaden loves babies.











Spotted a bunny!






There's something so adorable about an eight-year old boy in an ESPN jersey pushing a baby stroller. Cody often gave me looks throughout the night, and I know what he was trying to tell me: "Don't be getting any ideas." ;)




Brandon just had to stop on the way back and show off his strength!




After we wore her out at the pond, with the night air cooling a bit, Cody decided we should go for a drive and enjoy being out all together before taking her back and putting her to bed. I kept thinking she would fall asleep in her car seat, but every time I looked back at her she would smile and squeal at me. When we finally did get her home, she went to bed without a single fuss. It was a fun, sweet and successful night. I think she likes us. :)