"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, July 18, 2016

29/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: He wrapped up his baseball season over the weekend, which deserves its very own blog post in itself, and then went right into practicing for football with Cody the very next day. He's pretty excited to get going again and isn't real thrilled that he has a four-week break from any kind of organized practice or game right now. As I was sitting in his bed last night reading a chapter out of our second Harry Potter book, I suddenly felt him rubbing my back with his sleepy little hand. He spends so much time these days with his friends, playing sports, and wanting more and more independence, but it's these quiet moments in his bedroom at night that remind me how sweet and little he still is underneath it all. I was reminded right then why I still read to him every night even though he's old enough to read to himself. We both need that time.


Brandon: He got a fresh haircut over the weekend, and when she was done trimming, Kristy decided to give him some gel, too. He looked so handsome and was so proud of his GQ look, that he made me go straight to Target after his cut to buy some gel for home, too. ;) Though Jaden and the Angels are done playing, we're now team Orioles all the way - with Brandon starting his own ball practice tomorrow night. There's no break from the action in our home these days, but the years go fast, and I'm soaking up every single minute of it. (And embracing the sore butt from so many hours spent sitting on hard bleacher seats)! ;)