"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

30/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: My boy of summer. Now that baseball is over, he has football on the brain and has been getting into a regular routine of practicing his passing, catching, and running plays - as often as he can. He and his buddies at daycare have been playing War with football trading cards, in which whoever has scored the most touchdowns, wins the war. And - two nights in a row I found the lamp on in his room in the middle of the night, when I've walked in and found all of his football books and magazines laid out on the bed beside him while he sleeps.


Brandon: He may not be interested in playing football this year, but he is picking up on the excitement for it from the rest of our house. At daycare this week, he made a UNI football poster to take with him to games in the Dome this fall. An idea that he came up with all on his own.  He has so much of me in him. He thinks far ahead, plans ahead - and gets excited for things weeks and months away. And I love that he expresses his excitement for things through his creativity.