"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, August 15, 2016

33/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: What a weekend this one had. Since he was falling asleep in the middle of our Harry Potter chapter last night, I cut our reading minutes short. And as I turned off his bedside lamp and kissed him goodnight, I said, "Tiring weekend, huh?" And he replied with closed eyes, "Really fun weekend..." It's hard to believe this summer is coming to an end so quickly. He's not ready for school but he is ready for football and vacation, and I know he'll get back into his new routine as effortlessly as he always does. But 3rd grade already?! How is that possible??


Brandon: We went exploring on Saturday, and this little guy was in his element. I lost count of the number of times he said, "Oh I'm having so much fun!" I got countless hugs and whispers of, "Thank you so much for bringing me here!" He loves learning and experiencing new things, and I love him so much for it.