"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

35/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: During Brandon's first baseball practice earlier this summer, the coach asked Jaden if he'd like to help out - field balls, help with warm-ups, etc. What was meant to be only for that first practice turned into Jaden being the little coach's assistant for the entire season. During games he'd position himself behind the batter and act as the catcher for both teams, grabbing balls for the coach to keep pitching and moving bats out of the way that had been tossed by the hitter. He assisted with warm-ups before each game for Brandon's team and got to enjoy all the post-game snacks and drinks that the team consumed, too. ;) He says he wants to be a coach someday - he might be on his way.


Brandon: As soon as we got done reading our devotional in the van last Friday morning before school, he said from his car seat, "Every time we read these things I get teary in my eyes." And I looked in the rearview mirror to see him wiping his damp eyes with his little clenched fists. What a sweet and powerful moment for me as his mom to see an actual physical reaction of how he is really coming to understand how deeply Jesus loves him. I love his strong, unquestioning belief in Him, and I love walking along his faith journey with him.