"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, September 29, 2016

39/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"
 

Jaden: We have a big final decision to make by the end of this weekend, but this kiddo had a pretty neat opportunity open up for him this week. One that will allow him to pursue something he loves in an even bigger way, but will also stretch our family in more ways than one. I admittedly lost some sleep last night thinking about how we will make it all work but also about what this could mean for him now - and potentially down the road. I'm proud of him and excited for him and trusting that when God opens a door like this, we need to take the steps to walk through it. Right before this picture was taken, I was helping my boy warm up for another football game. Being the wife of the coach and the keeper of the equipment, we always have to get to the fields before everyone else. He needed to warm up his passing and receiving and Mommy was the only one around to help at the time. And during those 15 minutes or so, I thought about all the cool things I get to take part in when raising these boys of mine. I love watching him do what he loves, and I love having a small part in it all. How I wish these years would go slow.


Brandon: This is the normal state of his room these days, and this picture doesn't even show it all. His door is always shut to keep the cat out, and I have stepped on more Lego's this week than I have in the previous eight years of parenting. And lately he's been getting really good at being able to follow the building instruction books all on his own without our help, which is good, because some of that stuff can take hours to put together! Lucy does not like being forcefully kept out of his room and can often be heard pawing at the door and crying for her little buddy. The next house might need one big designated Lego table because that dresser by his bed is quickly running out of space!