"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, October 3, 2016

40/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: What. a. weekend. You joined your new basketball team for the first two practices, got fitted for your first full basketball uniform and picked your jersey number, rode in the very front of a parade on the top of a classic vintage car, tailgated with baseball team friends, attended a football game, had a sleepover with Nana and Papa, spent an afternoon at the pumpkin patch and went out to Hick's Place for a laser tag birthday party. Talk about packing it all in, but we all had so much fun, and you were in your element the whole time. I feel like I say this every year, but this is a special season we're in. We're starting to watch you soar even higher, and I love that I get to be the mama along for this ride with you.


Brandon: Jaden wasn't the only one in his element this weekend. You got to pick out pumpkins and cuddle kittens this weekend - two of your very favorite things. You also lost a tooth this week, your third missing tooth, but this time we actually get to see a gap in your mouth as it's the first tooth lost without the adult tooth already grown in ready to take its place! And I think you gave me about two dozen hugs over the last two days after trying on the Halloween costume that Mommy surprised you with on Friday after school. Oh, you do look cute in it, and now you won't stop asking how many more days until trick or treating!