"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, October 14, 2016

41/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: Well we're not quite done with football yet, but you've already jumped into basketball season, and this basketball is some serious stuff! Your practice this past weekend was no joke, and yet you were the only one on your team that didn't complain, whine or try to take the easy way out during the opening workouts. Your coaches even used you as their shining example. You are so focused on following your dreams and your passions, and I feel so blessed to have a front row seat to watch you chase after them all.


Brandon: When we thought Jaden had lost his all-important mouth guard this week, you offered to give us a dollar to help him buy a new one. Always being dragged along to practices and games, you are such a trooper and you shine in your own unique ways. Last night you heard me complaining to Daddy about my neck hurting again, so you climbed up behind me on the chair and started giving me a shoulder rub. Daddy showed you specifically where to put your thumb and you put all of the effort into it that you could. You continue to make your mama melt!