"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

44/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: Not only was it a holiday weekend of sorts but you also didn't have school Thursday or Friday due to conferences. So needless to say, it's been a good week for you. Your conference with Mrs. Hintzman went very well and we continue to be so proud of you. We adore that teacher of yours and her constant reminders to you and to us that she loves you and will care for you as she does her own son. You have been so very lucky with teachers so far, and that has been such a relief for me every year. What was I worried about four years ago?! My favorite part of the conference was when Mrs. Hintzman asked you to grade yourself in certain areas - 1 being low and 3 being high. You gave yourself a 2 for organization and taking care of your school things, while Mrs. Hintzman gave you a 3. At that point, with absolute humility and facial expressions older than your eight years, you said to her, "Have you seen my desk? It's pretty messy." I loved your honesty in that moment and it made all of us laugh pretty good!


Brandon: You've had an excellent week, too, completely in your element with all things Halloween and celebration. You have been so eager for this holiday, and I love that you are able to soak up such a simple and sometimes silly day and fully enjoy it. It's that imagination of yours - you love costumes and make believe and spooky stories and the little details that go into all of it. My favorite part of trick-or-treat night was when Molly in her Elsa costume, who is quite smitten with you, asked you if she looked pretty. You rolled your eyes as a six year old boy would and then replied, "Duh. Yes." It was hysterical, but I think you made her pretty happy. ;)