"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, November 7, 2016

45/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: You had your first AAU basketball tournament in Marshalltown yesterday - a full day of three games and light travel and lunch at a Wendy's with your best friend and his family in between game one and two. It was an experience for us all and just the beginning of this new chapter we're in. And when it was all said and done, I finally had a chance to ask you on the drive home if you had any fun. You said yes - but that you were mostly just happy to have had the experience because you know you're lucky to get to do stuff like this. I thought that was such a mature and thoughtful answer from my eight year old, and I'm looking forward to a lot of winter weekends spent in the gym watching you play.


Brandon: We spent a gorgeous Saturday afternoon at a Fall festival - which included horseback rides and paddle boating and outdoor games and fall sweets. And - laser tag. You were too nervous to try laser tag until I told you that you could ignore the other kids and just chase Jaden the whole time. To which you replied, "You mean I can shoot at my brother? Okay, yes, I want to do it!" And I don't think you left Jaden's tail the entire time. ;)