"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, December 5, 2016

49/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: What a big weekend you had. Not only did your team win another tournament championship, but you were the hero in overtime of the championship game. With the game on the line, you sunk a high-pressure free throw - the only point that would be scored by either team in the two minute overtime period. And then - with just five seconds to go and the other team inbounding the ball for their last shot, you dove into the passing lane and stole the ball away, sealing the victory. It was so exciting to watch, and when it was over, Coach Ryan came up to you in front of the entire team and told you that you saved the game for everyone. I went over to congratulate and hug you, and I've never seen you dripping with so much sweat. You worked so very hard to win those three games. We got a message from Coach Ryan the next day that he couldn't fall asleep that night because he was thinking about how hard you guys fought to win that thing - and he was so proud of you all. I love being along on this ride with you!


Brandon: I found you just like this - curled up with your stuffed Santa - trying to peak at the packages under the tree and reading the names off the tags. It's only December 5th, and I already have so many pictures of you around the tree. It's such a pretty month, but you make it even more special. Everything is magical to you.