"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, December 12, 2016

50/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2016"


Jaden: You've just started this basketball career, and we've already run out of room for your medals. It's a good thing one of your gifts this Christmas will help with that dilemma. ;) You and your teammates won another tournament ahead of the snow storm on Saturday, and later that day I received a message from Coach Ryan - who had some really awesome things to say about you, and he wanted me to make sure I relayed the messages to you. You have such a great mentor in him, and we are so blessed by this team and this experience. And how did you respond to Coach Ryan's comments? "I wish he could be my uncle!" That's how we know you feel affection towards an older guy. It's when they make it to "uncle" status in your eyes. ;)


Brandon: It did not matter how cold it was or how hard the snow was falling, you were bound and determined to ride that horse at Hick's Place. Your second time in a month riding her, and you look so confident and proud up there. Papa Bob said it's too bad that we can't get you a horse for Christmas! You also noticed a rip in Santa's beard while sitting on his lap, and it's reminding me that these years of innocence don't last forever. Luckily I was able to explain it away and you bought it and then forgot about it. We're going to soak up these next two weeks while we have them!