"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, January 5, 2017

1/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017"


Jaden: You reached the top of that wall over break and were so very proud of yourself. These accomplishments are a big deal for you, as you are normally scared and timid to try things like this. You've spent the last two mornings before school watching YouTube videos of snow leopards and lions, as you are doing research on animals for a school project. You are fascinated by wild animals, love researching them and talking all about them, and told us how sad it makes you that so many animals are in danger of going extinct. You also told us last night that you might want to move to Africa when you're older and make animal research your fulltime job! I'm hoping to steer you more towards working for the African Safari attraction at the Animal Kingdom in Disney World instead. ;)


Brandon: I helped you write a short book report for homework last night, and it felt so surreal that we are to this place with you. You are one smart little cookie, and it amazed me to watch you over our break together - putting together large Lego sets and 3D puzzles with absolutely no help from us. I can't wait to see how you use your talents and skills as you grow.