"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

6/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017"


Jaden: This looks like an unhappy picture, but it's also a picture that makes me so proud. The Outlaws competed in a really tough tournament this past weekend, making it to the championship game, and eventually losing by four points in the final couple of minutes. They earned their second place trophies, and afterwards, Coach Demetrius told us five times at a late dinner that it was the best he's seen Jaden play. Jaden played almost a full 40 minutes in all three games - on a bum ankle. He worked so hard, played through sharp pain in his Achilles, and was so sore and worn out by the end of the championship, that he was fighting back tears when the tournament organizer handed him his trophy. But he knew his team needed him. And boy do I love watching him play. It was a long, full and pretty darn good day.


Brandon: He puts up with a lot while we travel all around with Jaden and his teammates so on my Sunday run to Target, I couldn't pass up this little $3 Star Wars Lego fighter plane hanging there in the checkout lane (along with some new Star Wars jammies that were on sale). Sure enough, I brought it home for him, and he happily had it built in 20 minutes and then spent an hour flying it through the house making Star Wars fighter noises. Bed head and pj's and all. My favorite thing about this boy right now is every morning when dropping him off at school - I watch him walk the sidewalk to the front door and melt every single time he turns around to wave at me during his short walk. The other night he told me he didn't want to grow up because he never wants to live without me. He is stubborn and exhausting, but boy do I love him.