"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

11/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017"


Jaden: The count is now at four. Four being the number of people that have said to me just in the last week, "Has Jaden gotten taller?!" And these are people that see you on a regular basis! This tells me that I wasn't going crazy the other night when I looked at you and thought you had sprouted a few inches right before my eyes. I'm now positive that you've had a recent growth spurt, but not just in inches. You've been carrying yourself a little differently, too, and I feel like we're transitioning from elementary boy to pre-teen rather quickly. You had a sleepover this weekend and stayed up way too late - only to get up at 6:30 in the morning and head outside to shoot hoops before the sun came up. Danae's picture of you boys in her driveway first thing in the morning had me rolling my eyes just a bit. And yesterday when we ran out of milk in the middle of me fixing lunch - I let you stay home alone with your brother and my phone for 10 minutes while I ran to the store.


Brandon: While Jaden was down with the 24-hour stomach bug on Sunday, you and I ventured out to the bookstore for the first time this winter. With a free birthday treat coupon in hand that we hadn't used for you yet, we browsed the shelves for our next Harry Potter book, grabbed a book about George Washington and a new Easter story - and then headed over to the cafĂ© for a giant chocolate cupcake and a broccoli quiche. Life is so busy, and I told Cody when we got home that we each need to make more time for one-on-one moments with our boys. You spent the rest of your day of rest building your own Magic Kingdom land in the Toy Box of your Disney Infinity game on the PS4. You were so excited when you were able to build Space Mountain right there on the TV screen. :)