"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Images of St. Patrick's Day



It fell on a Friday this year at the end of a long work week. I baked up my first Guinness cake during the noon hour and then on a whim, I quit work a little early, picked the kids up from their last day of spring break daycare at Blessed Beginnings, hit up Wal-Mart for some last-minute green party supplies and spent my night with cousins and adult beverages and green juice boxes and some much needed tomfoolery. I have the best memories of St. Patty's Days spent at NCAA tournament sites in college - traveling with the UNI basketball team and staying out all night in Oklahoma City and Dayton, Ohio with friends - green beads around my neck and green beer in my hand. I always feel a little nostalgic on this day every year, and it was fun to make things just a little special on this otherwise ordinary Friday in March.

No green beer for these party animals. Not yet anyway! ;)







Ivy wanted nothing to do with the little St. Patty's headband I bought her - and she wasn't much for letting us take her picture either. But look! Green cabinet lighting. ;)