"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

17/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017"


Jaden: We've had some big and exciting things happening around here this week, and you've been showing your understanding and appreciation of it all by being extra loving, coming up to me for frequent hugs, and even wanting to rub my back periodically while sitting beside me at night. What a summer it's shaping up to be.


Brandon: I woke up at 6am Saturday morning to the sound of the shower running. A few minutes later you walked out of the bathroom with your Star Wars towel wrapped around your waste just like Daddy does it, and your hair all slicked back and wet. I asked you what you were doing and you said you wanted to get your shower out of the way so that you wouldn't have to do it later! Between that and your periodic desire to make your bed all on your own in the mornings, we seem to be raising quite the independent and mature little man! (Of course you also just threw a full on pout on the steps because you couldn't find the two black Lego pieces you needed to finish your Star Wars Death Star design). You are full of constant surprises, Brandon Louis.