"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

20/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017"


Jaden: It was a good weekend for you. Your best friend's birthday party with your basketball teammates, an outing to Palmer's for some golf, pizza on a picnic table by the lake... and our first boating and tubing excursion of the year. When your basketball coach saw you on Friday night after not seeing you for almost two months, he couldn't believe how much taller you already looked!


Brandon: My boy of summer. You wear it so well! You looked so cute in your matching swim trunks and flip flops this weekend, and your Storm Trooper sunglasses completed the look perfectly. ;) I spent some time reading on the deck after church on Mother's Day, and at one point you quietly came outside to sit beside me when I snapped this photo. You didn't say anything, didn't need anything, but just wanted to be beside me. I wrapped up work a little late last night after a manic Monday, and I was just taking one last look at my email inbox at 5:15 when you came up to me quietly and asked, "Are you done working?" I told you I was and asked you if you needed something. "Just a hug. I just wanted a hug." You melt me, sweet boy! And summer is coming!