"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mother's Day 2017





It was a good Mother's Day weekend. Life has been chaotic and stressful, and these special days and weekends are so valuable, so important. And God knew exactly what I needed because he provided the perfect recipe to make my day full and complete.  Not just that day - but the whole weekend! There was family and good weather and time for rest... and our first boating excursion of the year. Something we've all been craving and longing for through the long winter months.



We kicked it off Friday night with a backyard fire and s'mores. Saturday Cody took our bikes to Scheels to have all new tires put on them for my Mother's Day gift and we all went on our first family bike ride ever - before picking up pizzas and having a picnic by the lake. And then there was Sunday...


It started with church and progressed to an early afternoon of Mommy getting some alone time on the deck with a book and her swimsuit. It hit 82 degrees! And then finally - it was time to put the pontoon back in the water! The lake near our house was expanded this spring, doubling in size and providing a new little sand bar along the east edge, with plenty of room for boats to park and kids to play. The bigger size also means boat traffic on the water is much more manageable, and I have no doubt it's going to be our new go-to spot. It doesn't take much to make me feel like I'm on a mini-vacay. Give me sand, give me water, give me some sun, and give me drinks. I'm pretty sure the room God has prepared for me in Heaven overlooks water. :)




The water was definitely chilly, with it being the first hot weekend of the year, but the kids didn't seem to mind too much!









 





Eventually all the cousins were together - see Jaden's greeting from shore ;) - and it was time for tubing. No words needed but check out these happy pictures!


































 
We ended the day with a cookout at our house and lots of sand mingling between our toes. The best kind of day. Bring on summer!