"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

31/52

"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2017"


Jaden: You loved golfing with Daddy and Brandon this past weekend and loved visiting Daddy's old high school football field even more. And when we got home, you asked to watch AP Falcon videos on YouTube, which led to videos of the Parkersburg tornado and Coach Ed Thomas. We told you lots of stories of the trials, triumphs and tragedies that took place in our early family life, back when you were just a baby - things you've lived through but will never have any memory of. We took quite the trip down memory lane Saturday night... we even took you to the restaurant in Parkersburg that your Daddy and I used to eat at after football games on Friday nights!


Brandon: After a Bible story the other night, we were talking about what talents and interests God had given you... and what he might be calling you to do with those unique attributes. You told me that you not only want to design and build houses when you get older, but that you've been thinking about designing houses for people that need special houses - such as handicap or special needs people. I have no idea where or when that idea popped into your head, but I sure am proud of you, buddy!