"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."
Friday, January 14, 2011
Brandon's First Attempt at "Walking"
Last night we were all playing in the basement. Brandon had received a couple of "push-toys" for Christmas but hadn't really paid much attention to them yet. We got one of them out last night, and all of the sudden... he was "walking" behind it while pushing it! It was the funniest thing. I went a little crazy and started shrieking (this in turn upset Jaden because all of us - my parents included - were giving Brandon LOADS of attention at this moment). But it really was cute to watch... he was so stiff-legged and didn't realize he could bend at the knees to make the walk a little easier ;) Eventually he started getting really frustrated, too. He would run out of room to push and we'd have to stop him and turn it around so he could walk the other way. Every time he got stopped or stuck... he would start throwing a tantrum!! We have never seen him throw tantrums unless it was because he was sick or just THAT hungry. After a few minutes we had to force him to stop trying to push it because he was getting SO mad at the toy and at himself whenever he fell or got stuck. We would try and pick him up and he would kick his legs and scream and CRY so loud! Cody and I think he's going to be super competitive! (I'm now laughing as I'm remembering this whole experience last night... it was quite the scene)! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH, How much fun!!! That little squirt has got such a spunky personality...I bet it was just the CUTEST...when he got going across the room...wish the video camera would have been handy...but sometimes you just have to stay and enjoy the moment!!! Poor Jaden...its tough for those first children to share the limelight sometimes ; (
ReplyDeleteI like your description of the evening ... made it seem we were there : ) Love ya, Grandma
That is so sweet! New follower
ReplyDeletehttp://adventuresofaminnesotamom.blogspot.com/
Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day!