I feel like I'm still glowing. We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and after 30 minutes of looking at EVERYTHING else (important things like the heart, brain and stomach!), the ultrasound tech finally zeroed in on one area and asked us what we saw. Cody said he didn't know what he was seeing but knew it wasn't a little boy part so that it must be a girl. ;) And he was right! I immediately started crying, feeling unbelievably blessed that I get to raise a daughter. Of course, our main concern was a healthy baby, and we would have been happy either way. But to know that we are entering the world of pink and dollhouses and tutu dresses feels amazing. And Cody did admit that he's a little more nervous now. ;)
It was not an easy ultrasound though! They made me chug 24 oz. of water first thing in the morning and then wouldn't allow me to go to the bathroom at all while I waited for my appointment. By the time I was registered at radiology in the hospital, I was so uncomfortable that I started cramping a little bit. I eventually broke out into a sweat, and the lady at the registration counter brought us back into a private area so that I could try and wait in a little more privacy. Luckily the ultrasound tech hustled to get me in, and snapped just the first two pictures she needed with my full bladder and then allowed me to go to the bathroom before looking at everything else. Thank goodness she gave me that break or we never would have made it through!
After our appointment with the doctor was over, I enjoyed a couple of hours of shopping. Shopping for girl things! I walked into the baby Carter's store, which just happened to be having their semi-annual sale yesterday, and immediately felt overwhelmed with all the girly options that I've never been able to browse through before. I have plans to do a bit more shopping this weekend and am excited to now really be able to start planning her nursery.
Our families came over last night, and we got to share the news with everyone, along with some pink strawberry cupcakes and a few sweet gifts. Everyone was ecstatic, although Jaden seems a bit perplexed. He's unsure about what to do with a little girl in the house, but I have no doubt he will catch on quickly. :)
We are happy, in love and anxious to meet this baby girl this summer. She's measuring right on schedule, and she does have a name - although we're keeping that a secret from everyone (including our families) until she makes her arrival!
A daughter. I can't believe I get to raise a daughter.
We weren't able to get a good profile shot - baby girl was curled up pretty tightly into a ball, and she kept pulling her toes up to her face and crossing her legs! We were lucky we were able to even see anything at all!








No comments:
Post a Comment