Several weeks ago the boys and I took a gorgeous walk through UNI's autumn campus on a picture perfect October Friday evening.
Living within a short walking distance to campus now, we get drive-by views quite frequently of how the changing of the seasons looks on campus, and on this particular Friday I knew that the leaves were at peak beauty... with probably just enough on the ground to play in.
Our previous house shed its leaves in abundance, but the trees at our new home are later droppers, and I think by the time they've all fallen off their branches, we might have snow on the ground to go with them! I was feeling kind of bummed about that throughout October and was almost willing the leaves to start falling, as I have loved watching the boys grow up playing in piles of them. But I got over my disappointment quickly once we reached the campus lawns and I was reminded that UNI never looks more beautiful than it does in the fall.
And the boys loved it so much they stated multiple times that we need to take more walks through campus.
The grounds were quiet, as most students had wrapped up classes for the weekend. And being relatively the only ones there, we had a lot of fun playing catch with the football, making leaf piles by hand... and even helping some young college girls learn how to operate their DSLR camera they were carrying around as they attempted to get some modeling shots of their own.
We ended the night with a trip to the UNI track and some good Asian Fusion food with Daddy afterwards.
This... this is October. And I am very proud to call this campus our home away from home. They seriously do such a good job taking care of it.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment