"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, January 1, 2018

A New Year's Post for the Record Books // Our Big Announcement

After almost 12 weeks of waiting to be able to share our big news, what better way to kick off another year on this blog than to finally make our big announcement right here in writing.


A new year... a new BABY!!! I am just a few days shy of 12 weeks pregnant, and after a strong heartbeat and an adorable ultrasound last week, Dr. Kaaki told us to feel free to shout it from the rooftops. We're having a baby!!

It feels so good to finally go public! If you had been wondering why things had slowed down on this blog over the last month or so, it's because I have actually felt pretty rotten since Thanksgiving! I've been extremely fatigued, dealing with all day nausea, and pretty much spent December focusing on only the things I needed to focus on - working, keeping our house somewhat functioning - and trying to rest often to allow my body to do everything it needed to do in order to help grow this baby strong through the first trimester. Many of our holiday traditions went out the window this year, but God bless my three boys who have been patient with me and super helpful. It's all worth it - we are beyond thrilled that our prayers to grow our family have been answered, and we are looking forward to July with such anticipation. Yes - a summer baby! A completely new and different experience for us. With four winter birthdays in our family - mine in December, Jaden's in January, Cody's in Febraury - and Brandon's in early March - Cody and I were aiming for a warm season delivery and a little one whose birthdays could always be celebrated outdoors. :)

Talk about a wild and blessed 2017. From selling our house and moving - to praying and waiting on a positive pregnancy test - to a few months of disappointment and discouragement - and then to finally receive a positive test result on November 15th - one week shy of Thanksgiving. It's overwhelming sometimes to look back at it all. So much has happened in just the past month, and we have so much to do before this baby comes, but I am just so incredibly amazed at all God has given to us this year.

I normally do a New Year's post that focuses on our top moments from the past year, and I still plan on doing so. But I had to share our news first because there's no way I could write a post that summarizes 2017 without being able to include our little miracle baby. And I have so much more to share! I've been documenting this pregnancy since week 4 so I have a lot of catching up to do with you all to bring you up to speed. Stay tuned for a maternity series, with weekly letters to our little babe... and a fun post about how we shared the special news with the two big brothers. :)

I'm normally sad to see the holiday season come to an end, but I've never been more anxious for a new year. Cody and I have both privately felt for a couple of years now that our family was not complete, and to see God line up so many things in perfect succession and in perfect timing this year has been truly humbling and has only strengthened my faith in His deep, deep love for us and His wisdom to know the absolute best plan and path for our journey to take. While we waited... He was working.

Stay tuned... there's lots more to come!


"Perhaps you've sensed something specific from God, but for whatever reason it's not happening... you straddle promise and doubt, feebly holding out hope. In the waiting God gently responds... 'I am working on your behalf even now. In the tension, I hold you. In the not-yet, I carry you. I see you and will cover you. I will hold you fast.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment