Well now that it's mid-January, it seems like a great time to talk Christmas...?! ;) I'm a little behind the seasons on this blog, but I expect that to become the new norm with baby #3 on the way so bear with me.
When we bought and moved into this home last summer, one of the things I most anticipated was decorating for Christmas. Our previous home was small and crowded, and though we have wonderful early family memories there, it was always made me a little sad to have to place our big beautiful Christmas tree right in front of our front door. When we purchased this home, I envisioned our tree right by our big big fireplace, stockings hanging from the mantle, a traditional storybook scene in our own Christmas cottage. And once the Christmas decor came out this past late November, everything turned out exactly as I had envisioned!
I simplified just a bit this year, using less blues and teals and sticking with a more neutral palette of whites, greens, silvers and grays... and I love how it all turned out. I had fun purchasing more decor due to a much bigger house, but was proud of myself for finding most of my new items in the dollar bin section at Target. My biggest purchases - all bought on sale - were our new stockings, our mercury glass trees for our mantle, and our pre-lit tree for our four seasons room.
The boys also enjoyed decorating their new bedrooms with their little Charlie Brown trees, although we were a little disappointed upon unpacking them to discover that somehow all of Jaden's ornaments from previous years somehow got lost in the move.
But -- the best decorating happened mid-way through December when all of our windows were replaced. It's amazing what all new white interior trim will do for a home!































No comments:
Post a Comment