"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wordless Wednesday // Celebrating Brandon's 8th Birthday




It was a whirlwind of a week. You found out you were going to get a baby sister, Daddy had a birthday, too, Jaden was celebrating a State Championship... and half of our family was out of town. I was feeling emotionally guilty for not being able to fully devote all of our attention on you, but Daddy fixed that by whisking you away the night of your birthday for your first two-day guys hunting trip - just you and Daddy and some of Daddy's closest friends and hunting dogs. The craziness of our week didn't seem to matter to you, as the night of your birthday you opened some of your favorite gifts - Disney and Star Wars board games you'd asked for, a Q-Ba Maze set that has already gotten hours of play, a new Lego set - and an archery set and some Star Wars toys. And... your biggest request: a Yoda birthday cake.

We love you to pieces - those big brown eyes, squishy cheeks, adorable smile... and sharp wit and smarts. You get embarrassed when I call you handsome, but I can't get enough of you buddy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment