"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2018"
Jaden: I found you almost completely asleep in the sunroom after family pictures the other day. You've been full-on with basketball workouts for the past several weeks, meeting with your Outlaw team for intense workouts on Sundays and Tuesdays - and working with the Cedar Falls High School coaches on Mondays and Wednesdays. During Outlaw workouts on Tuesday night of this week, Coach Demetrius had you guys working on upper body strength, and your arms were so sore later that you could barely raise your arm above your head! And yet you just want to get better and stronger and you never complain. Now if I could just get you to be that motivated to do little chores at home... ;)
Brandon: You've been enjoying golf again this summer - trying out a different program from the one you did last year, and you are enjoying this one a bit more. You get more one on one instruction from the young golf pros, and you get to do more actual golfing! You placed second in your group on competition day and decided to try out a junior cup tournament just two days later - and you placed third overall!
Kaitlyn: Your first weekly portrait! I'm so excited to start including you in these weekly postings... and I'm pretty giddy about girlying up this space a bit. ;) There's so much to say about you, and in time, I'll find a way to put all my thoughts into this blog. But for now - you are loved, and this first week of life with you has been a dream come true. Sure, we are extremely tired, but every sore muscle, ounce of pain and sleepless night is worth it. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat - over and over again - to bring us to you. We love you, punkin. Welcome to the world... and to the blog. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment