"a portrait of each of my children, once each week, in 2018"
Jaden: I noticed something about you at your second game of tackle football this past weekend. While your team all huddled with coaches and families waiting to take the field before the start of the game, you kept a bit of distance from the rest of the crowd. There you sat on your helmet, eyes focused towards the playing field, a quiet and peacefulness - and serious focus about you. You tuned out the noise, decided not to participate in the antics of the other 10 and 11 year old boys around you, and aimed all of your attention on what you were about to do. I'm learning that one of the most satisfying things about parenting is watching your kids get to live out their passion. I don't know how far or where this sports thing will take you... and watching you take sacks and tackle people isn't always easy on me... but I sure do have so much pride and joy watching you do something you care so deeply about.
Brandon: Last night while Jaden and Daddy were at football practice, and Kaitlyn was taking a long evening nap, you and I had one of the best one-on-one conversations we've had in a long time. And it reminded me that as busy as we are right now, I must make time for one-on-one moments. And at the end of the night, as I was tucking you in bed, you told me you wish for more nights like that, too. I love that you love talking about life with me, bud.
Kaitlyn: You have rocked our world in the best of ways, sweetie. At your two month check-up last week, you weighed in at just over 12 pounds and about 22 inches long. You are now the length Jaden was when he was born! You handled your three shots so well, but unfortunately have come down with a cold this week. I have thanked God numerous times over the last few days for the person that invented the Baby Nose Frida because that thing is a lifesaver! And even through your sniffly nose, you have given us countless smiles and so much joy. We are all just so smitten with you.



No comments:
Post a Comment