"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Late Summer Happy Things || Part 1



I'm a little behind here. :) I actually have stories and pictures to share still from before Kaitlyn was born! Our summer was a whirlwind, and though we kept our activities to a minimum for obvious reasons, we did manage to fit in some fun and adventures that I haven't even written about yet. It's a little weird to look back at these moments and remember life without our sweet little girl. But in an honest effort to get completely caught up... here we go.

|| We love our Falls swimming pool but sometimes nature calls to us. And though we don't have an ocean or a California beach nearby to visit, we do have the community beach at George Wyth, and it's not too shabby of an option. One Thursday night, I felt the need to be with my boys. My pregnancy was wrapping up, and I knew if we didn't get to the beach then, we wouldn't make it the rest of the summer. So on a week night, we packed up the van, headed to the natural swimming hole, and enjoyed the beach without the weekend crowds - just the four of us. I still was surprised at how many people were actually taking advantage of it on a week night, and I'm happy that an effort is being made again to keep this public beach cleaned up. The boys had a blast, made some swimming friends quickly, and Cody and I enjoyed some quality time on the shore with our toes in the sand.
































|| Our final weekend before Kaitlyn was born, we threw the bikes in the back of the van and headed off to try out this fun bike course near Big Woods Lake. The boys LOVED it! They zipped up and down dirt mounds and hills, over man-made bridges, and the only reason we left was because it was hot! We were the only ones there, surrounded by nothing but trees and quiet, and I know this is an "adventure" they will look to repeat many times next summer.














|| We didn't host our big 4th of July shindig this year, but we did host a water balloon fight with our cousins. Our backyard is made for it. I love these pictures.




















More summer still to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment