"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Vacation" Day...

This past week we were supposed to head out on a mini "vacation." A vacation that got cancelled due to hospitalizations and pneumonia. (More on that in a separate entry). But I still decided to take those days off work. And even though being home ended up being more stressful than our normal routine of work and daycare... I did have one enjoyable day with my two littles.

I recently discovered a wooden park just two minutes from our house and very close to our new daycare. And even though I think it could use another slide or two and some other updates... it was still a giant maze for my kids to run through. That's all they really need... a place to run and climb. I did decide that we won't go back without Daddy though. It was hard for me to keep up with Brandon. He still needs somebody to be at the top of a slide and at the bottom of a slide when he comes down -- and well -- although I like to think of myself as a "super" mom most of the time... I still haven't found a way to be in two places at once.






After a trip to the Waverly playground McDonald's (which the boys had a great time at) -- we took naps and then headed to "The Falls" for the first time this summer. It was cool. It was rainy. But our cousin Ella was there and we wanted the three kids to have some time to play together. After some hiccups when we first got there... the boys ended up having a great time. Brandon has no problem jumping into cold water. But even he was a little uncertain at times...

And Jaden went down this elephant slide right away, but fell off of the steps the second time he tried -- which ended in a giant scratch down his back and ended his fun for a little while.


At this point, we almost decided to just go home and try again on a much much warmer day. But then I had the idea to try the lazy river. We put each child in a tube, and myself, my mom and Deanne walked beside the tubes as the kids floated the lazy river. And they LOVED it! We must have floated around that thing over and over again for half an hour. When it was time to get out of the river, everybody got back into the pool and had some fun. But watching the kids shiver made this a much shorter trip to the pool than I was hoping for. It was a fun experience -- but one we won't repeat until we get another HOT day!